UK Driving Schools Web Directory
Learner Drivers Information Pages
PROVISIONAL LICENCE Learner Driver information pages and forum links.

You need to hold a PROVISIONAL DRIVING LICENCE in order to be able to take driving lessons on public roads.

If you need to apply for one you can get an application form (D1 form, D100 Notes) from large Post Offices.

Licences are issued in a two part format, with one part being a photocard,and the other being a paper document.

You should take both parts of your provisional licence with you on your driving lessons, and you MUST take both parts when taking your theory and practical driving test

You may still use a current 'paper only' provisional licence if you have one, but you will need to provide additional photographic identification (such as a passport) when taking both the theory and practical tests. Your driving instructor may ask for additional photographic evidence on you first lesson too.

Good luck with your driving!

Email us:

© 2006 is not responsible for the content of any website or webpage linked to this website.

Check out the Learners Forum